AHLIA D. DEMAS JIMENEZ
1918 Fairway Circle Drive
Lake San Marcos, CA 92078
(858) 997-3713 - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For over 30 years my majority experience has been an Accounts Receivable, Credit and Commercial Collections Specialist. Coupled with supervisory, bookkeeping and excellent computer and customer service experience, I have a strong reconciliation ability and Excel skills. Some of my positive traits include self-motivation, research skills, Excel Skills (making spreadsheets and forms), creating visual appealing statements, business cards, flyers and emails, organization, problem solving, work driven, and a supportive team player that at the same time can work independently.
AhhFlee Production – Lake San Marcos 08/2016 – 08/2017
Licensed and Bonded Talent Agent
Email correspondence with venues and festival talent buyers to acquire gigs for my blues musicians. Handled 6 blues bands. Organized spreadsheets for contacts for various of festivals and venues worldwide. Kept log of contacts made. Mail promo kits. Designed website and handled social media to promote my artists.
ALOR International/ZLUXE Group LLC – San Diego, CA 02/2005 – 02/2015
Accounts Receivable Specialist and Credit Specialist
Commercial collections, keep collection log, prepare a bimonthly approval list, update account files (paper &computer), process credit applications (run JBT reports, gather bank and credit references, web research and prepare report & folder for final review and approval), prepare customized statements through Excel, including days due and delinquent interest for accounts over 45 days past due. Email, fax and mail statements, reconcile accounts, electronic deposits, cash application, run credit cards, scanned and emailed docs, entered credits. I understand and maintain the balance between customer service and keeping receivables low.
Programs used: Excel, Great Plains, Word and Outlook.
• 2008 – Voluntarily took on credit duties on top my A/R duties.
• Showed I was able to successfully handle both responsibilities exceptionally well and made improvements.
• Feb 2009 came up with "Valentine Special" that encouraged customers to pay off pre 2009 balances. Received great response.
• Go the extra mile for customer's and the company's needs.
ACE RELOCATION SYSTEMS, INC. – San Diego 08/2002 – 02/2005
Accounts Receivable and Credit Specialist
Daily Cash Applications, credit research, assign national account numbers, make account and G/L adjustments, run weekly agings, file maintenance of cash receipt batches and customer accounts and run credit card payments. Ran D& B and Experian Reports.
• Recreated necessary Credit and A/R forms more efficiency.
• Improved Record Keeping System to keep track of National Accounts, Credit Card Charges, and G/L Entries making it is easier to track and sort information.
Raytheon Technical Services – San Diego, Ca 08/2001 - Aug 2002
Finance Associate Senior
Create government contract billings through Excel using IPS WIPS and Contract Status Reports – which involve billing various labor rates and overhead costs at the same time keeping within funding limitations. Perform Account Receivable duties such as light collections; create weekly aging reports, reconciliation of accounts and billings. Assist with time-card duties.
• Cut Over 30 Balance of Sept 2001 from 36.80% to 9.7% in March 2002
• Brought September 2001 Over 60 Balance of 17.3% down to 4.80.
KYOCERA WIRELESS CORP. – San Diego 04/2001 – 07/2001
Account Associate Performed commercial collections, account reconciliation, credit reference verifications, enter credit/debit memos, adjust accounts, billing through PeopleSoft and Avalon. Created custom customer statements from PeopleSoft, Avalon and Excel.
• Reduced over 60-day delinquencies by 20% through organized collection strategy.
• Reorganized work for more effective customer collection and research performance.
• Position expanded to include cash forecasting, billing and credit card processing.
TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENTS – San Diego 09/1999 – 04/2001
Relocated to San Diego. Took temp assignments to get familiar with area
Accounts Receivable/Commercial Collections/Reconciliation/Data Entry
CALIFORNIA DAY FRESH FOODS - Glendora, CA 01/1994 – 09/1999
Credit Assistant Manager
Performed account reconciliation, commercial collections, enter start-up accounts, perform credit verification and set terms. Handled charge-backs and account adjustments. Assisted in month and year-end closing. Supervised and trained new employees. Worked with large chain customers merging and new-implemented computer systems.
• Promoted from Cash Entry Clerk to Credit Assistant Manager in 3 years.
• Provided accounting knowledge and support for MIS during switch from Macola system to Aspen/Phoenix system.
• Managed collection and account reconciliation for large chain and miscellaneous accounts including adjustments, cash applications, holds, setting terms and research.
BOYER ANIMATION GROUP – North Hollywood, CA 02/1992 – 10/1993
Prepare financial statements for partnership. G/L, A/P, A/R, posting, bank reconcile, and budget.
• Established Boyer Animation office and set up accounting books
• Prepared year end partnership financials for the CPA to file taxes
• Budget and Cash Forecast to determine cost of possible business relocation.
Other Past Jobs Prior or Worth Noting:
Maverick Realty Funding – Carlsbad - Marketing Coordinator - 01/2014 to 02/ 2015
Designed Business Cards, Logo, Flyers, Web Page, and other promo.
Warner Brothers TV Animation –Burbank CA - Production Assistant 01/1990 to 02/1992
Supervise Artist, Keep them updated on script changes and schedules, ship, meetings
State of California Department of Motor Vehicles – Arleta – 02/1983-06.1987
Worked the counter both on the Registration and Drivers License side, handled cash
Grossmont College – El Cajon, CA 07/04 – Associates of Arts 2008
Focus: Accounting and Computer Information
Excel, Great Plains, Word, Outlook, QuickBooks Pro, Quicken, Publisher, Access, Power Point, AS400, Macola, Aspen, Adobe Photoshop, Corel Paintshop Pro, Publisher, , Evernote, Scrivener, Dragon Speech, DOS, Cloud, Apple, IOS9, Windows, and Mac.
CERTIFICATIONS AND COMMISSIONS:
• Notary Public – Commissioned From October 12, 2008 to October 2016
• Bonded and Certified Background checked
• NNA Certified Notary Signing Agent (CNSA) – Expires 07/2017
• Adult First Aid/CPR/ AED Certificate – American Red Cross 10/11/15 Expires 10/11/17
Additional Notes: I left my job of 10 years due to problems in relation to my c-PTSD/Anxiety and Depression issues. I took the months off to seek help and learn to adapt and resolve trauma issues. I am looking forward to being retrained in a new career and return back to the workforce as a productive and supportive employee as I was in the past.
References Upon Request;